Some of the key events regarding the Trust's business history include:
- From 1982 to 1989 the Trust started with assistance from Maori Affairs;
- From 1989 to 1998 the Trust had loans and financial assistance from Maori Affairs and the Tauranga Moana Maori Trust Board;
- 1999, the loans were paid off and the Trust began generating profits;
- 2003, the Trust started paying out grants for education, kaumatua and tangihanga;
- 2004, the Trust started paying out dividends.
The Trust is always on the look out to increase and diversify its asset base and is currently researching or implementing:
- Expansion of horticultural activities by increasing current orchard capacity;
- Diversifying into other economic areas, such as aquaculture, agriculture, by developing new business activities and/or forming partnerships;
- Investment in areas such as commercial or industrial property.